Per Diem Option Commitment – Department of Nursing
Recognizing that Per Diem employees have varying levels of commitment we offer three Plans to choose from. As requirements for non- traditional work hours increases with each option, the rewards increase.
Basic level of commitment with requirement of
12 hours per 4 week schedule
36 hours in a 4 week time schedule:
• 12 hours must be weekend or night shift.
• Must work one holiday per calendar year.
72 hours in 4 week time schedule:
• 24 hours of this is weekend or night shift.
• Must work one summer and one winter holiday.
Option B or Option C
• Works consistently on 2 or more units.
• Maintains competency in all areas worked.
• Option A. Regular base rates
• Option B. 10% add on to base rate per hour
• Option C. 20% add on to base rate per hour
• Option D. Option B or C add on plus $1.50 added per hour.
• Shift and Holiday differentials apply to all Options as per policy.